How Common is a Common Law Relationship?

Common Law Relationship in BC

Under the Family Law Act in BC, a couple is considered to be in a common law relationship if they have lived together in a marriage-like relationship for a continuous period of at least two years. If the couple has lived together for less than two years, they could still be considered common-law spouses if they have a child together. It sounds simple, but there are many factors involved that need to be considered before determining whether the relationship was “marriage-like”. Fortunately, the courts have provided the following factors to consider in order to determine whether a relationship is “marriage-like”:

Know Your Rights When Dealing With ICBC Statements

Lambert Law can help you with ICBC Claims

Most people know what a statement is, but do you know when you’re giving one? A statement can be anything you say or write. When dealing with ICBC, there are different ways statements can be given:
A signed statement;
A “formal” telephone statement; or
An “informal” telephone statement.
So, what is the difference, and why is it important to know?

What Should I Do if I Am in a Hit and Run?

If you’re involved in a collision, and the other vehicle leaves the collision scene before you can get their name, license number, or vehicle’s plate number, it is considered a hit and run. Being involved in a hit and run collision can be extremely frustrating. If you are left injured and your vehicle is damaged, make sure you do everything you can to try and identify the driver.

Call Now